Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Family Reunion 09

So our family on my Grandma's side has a family reunion every 2 years. This year it was at the Wisconsin Dells, in WI. We had a caravan of 3 cars from Arkansas that went. My grandparents, Aunt Anne, and her grandson Blake, Uncle Danny and Aunt Pat and their daughter Jade, and my mom, my boys and I made the trip. It was interesting to say the least. We had to stop every 1.5 hours so my grandpa could get out and walk. He could get blood clots if he didn't move around every so often so that made a 12 hour drive much longer. We broke it up in 2 days. We stopped at Lambert's Cafe on the way up there for lunch...I love Lambert's! Then we stopped at the St. Louis Arch and walked through their museum. The boys really liked it but Noah didn't want to look out the window from the top of the Arch.



We stayed in a hotel that gave free admission to Mt. Olympus that was across the street from the hotel. So we walked to the theme park 2 of the days we were there and rode roller coasters and water slides. Noah was to short to even ride the kiddie rides but he did get to drive the go cart with my Uncle Danny. He loved it! Jessie rode a roller coaster for his 1st ride on the 1st day we went there and he didn't ride another till the last day and I had to bribe him to do so...ha. Joshua liked the roller coasters and we rode a lot of water slides together. A bunch of us went to ride go carts on the last day and Austin, my nephew, wanted to ride with me and drive. He was so funny b/c he would jerk the steering wheel back and forth...I got go cart sick just riding with him. As we were pulling in my brakes didn't work, in fact, it was like pushing the gas instead. I flew in the area where you park the carts and slammed into the lady in front of me. Her husband was in the cart next to us and gave me the dirtiest look like I intentionally, with a 4 year old in my lap, rear ended his wife...she proceeds to turn around and give me a dirty look. I told them my brakes didn't work but they didn't seem to care...oh well...my uncle said that someone driving the go cart before me had the same problem and I reported it to the staff worker but he didn't seem to be to concerned. Anyway that was an interesting experience to say the least.



My family has a tradition of playing hearts every night of the reunion and I was really only able to get in on the 2nd night. We have so much fun and they can be pretty cut throat and show no mercy...lol....but it is all taken in fun. Back when I was a teenager they would make the 1st one out make sandwiches for everybody else. And we would have a bunch of tables together and have anywhere from 10-15+ playing at the same time. So that was a lot of sandwiches to make and us being new to the game of hearts it was usually myself, my sister or my cousin Lindy that would get out first.

On this trip, Noah decided that he would finally use the potty. Since we went to Wisconsin he has used the potty and we haven't had to buy any more pullups. He potty trained pretty easy to which I am very thankful.



We had a good time and the boys had fun playing with their cousins. I was so exhausted by the time we got home. And I wouldn't have been able to do it with out the help of my mom and the rest of the family that came with us.

1 comment:

DanaW. said...

Sounds like so much fun. I absolutely love family road trips. I am glad you guys has such a good time.