Monday, August 11, 2008

My Birthday Weekend Saturday

So on Friday night when we were driving to Gaucho's I mentioned to Andy that I had 2 guesses on what he had planned and he told me to tell him but he wasn't going to tell me if I was right or wrong. So I told him that I thought at first he was going to take me to Branson and then go eat at Lambert's but when he said we would probably spend around $200 I thought we are going camping/canoeing instead....after I told him this he was really quiet and said that I had guessed it and I said which one and he said both...he was going to take me camping at the Spring River and we go canoeing Saturday afternoon and then get up after breakfast on Sunday and go shopping in Branson and then go eat at Lambert's before we headed home....so I was excited...(side note: we used to go camping a lot when we where dating but hadn't gone in 5 years and I really enjoy it and love to canoe/kayak.) So after dinner and putt putt we went home and got up early Saturday morning so we could get our camping stuff together which he bought me a new, big tent and a battery powered ceiling fan that has a light on it that you hang from your tent...so cool I didn't even know they made anything like that and I am big on sleeping with the fan on at night. So on the way to the Spring River we stopped at Walmart in Cabot and the meat market. And when we were fixing to get back on the road I mentioned, "Don't we head toward Searcy to get to the Spring River?" He said no that we needed to head toward Harrison so I said Okay but was thinking that it has been 5 years but I thought we drove on the highway for a bit before it was more back roads, which going to Harrison is all back roads...so we get to Harrison 2 1/2 hours later and stop to eat and I ask him how much farther so he gets his iphone out and looks it up and from the look on his face it wasn't good. We were on the other side of north Arkansas then were we needed to be so it was another 2 hours to get to the Spring River. He didn't look it up before we left and bless his heart he really thought that Branson and the Spring River where close to each other and we could do both. Since, we had our camping stuff packed and food in the cooler, we decided to go ahead and go to the Spring River so we could get setup before dark and cook the steaks he bought for us....even though we were only 30 minutes or more from Branson. So we got to the Spring River around 3:45 and got our campsite set up and Andy made dinner for us and we sat by the campfire and watched the river and had some s'mores! :-) Below are pictures of our trip from Harrison to Mammoth Springs and of our campsite...

This is the view of our drive from Harrison to Mammoth Springs it was sooooooo pretty!

Here is a closer view...

A view of our campsite...

Andy making our dinner....and it was SOOOO good...

A bad picture of me....I think I was eating my yummy steak and potatos...

Our little campfire...



It sprinkled some and later there was a fog over the river...

1 comment:

TheBrownings said...

What a sweet hubby you have! It is so nice to get time alone just to be a couple! Happy belated birthday!