Monday, August 25, 2008

Our trip to Texarkana

This weekend, Andy and Jessie went to Dallas with Andy's dad to see a professional baseball game....a tradition for the 3 of them since Jessie started playing baseball. So my mom picked up Joshua, Noah, and I to go to Texarkana to see my sister, Jennifer and her family, who was visiting her in laws while her husband Chris was working in Texarkana for a few days. Jennifer and Chris live in Houston, TX. But I was beginning to wonder if we were ever going to get there. We got a few miles down the freeway and Joshua says he has to pee and there isn't an exit for another 10 miles so we pull over on the side of the road so he can pee and we resume our trip...well another 20 miles down the road Noah throws up out of no where in my mom's car!....not good....she handled it well though and we were about 25 miles from Benton where I live. So we pull over at a rest stop and get Noah and the car cleaned up...and wager whether we should resume our trip or turn around and go home. I also was feeling under the weather...sinus's is my guess and wouldn't have minded going home and going back to bed...but considering Noah seemed fine and I knew my sister would be disappointed if we didn't come so we decided to resume our trip...again! Then Joshua says he is hungry and Noah had thrown up his breakfast so instead of being close to being there we still have another hour or so of driving. So we pull over at McDonald's in Arkadelphia and let the kids get out of the car and get something to eat...by the time we got to Texarkana we had been on the road for 3.5 hours for a 2 hour trip...Below are some pics of the trip and a video of the boys playing in the back yard.

The rest stop...


Joshua, Noah and Austin playing in the backyard


Mom showing Jennifer how to make a border around the luvie she is trying to make...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Trips w/ kids can be quite eventful can't they?! It's always an adventure! That is the nice thing about having boys is the face that if there isn't a gas station or rest stop near by you can always pull off the side of the road!

I love that you have a blog, so we can stay updated!! :)

~ g said...

saw you on the Hoopmamma's blog...I just started my blog here to document my journey...if you want to be a reader, let me know...it's by invitation...I don't know many hoopers...yet...but have been hooping about a year...

nice to meet 'ya!!

Carrie said...

That would be great! thanks!

Dana W. said...

We have had a few trips like that. Shay seems to be the one who always had too much milk on a sour stomach. It never failed, it would always happen about 30 minutes or more away from the house with no where to turn around. We learned no matter how near or far we were traveling, we always pack a spare change of clothes and lysol wipes.