Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Weekend in Alma

So this weekend Andy and I were going to celebrate our 5th anniversary and our parents had offered to watch the kids for us. But the closer we got to the weekend we realized that Andy was going to have to work all weekend....his busiest time at work is during the summer when all the teachers and students are out....and it is crunch time right now trying to get everything ready for when everybody comes back. So since he wasn't able to do anything this weekend we decided we would have date night Friday night and I would go to Alma and stay with my BF Monica. For those of you who don't know we lived in Alma from 2004-2007. And I LOVED living there and had a hard time moving when Andy got a job offer here. So I went and visited with Monica and we ate...visited...did some shopping and then we ate and visited some more and went to our favorite restaurant in Alma....La Fiesta. :-) I went to church at Living Word River Valley where we went when we lived here and it was great getting to see our pastors and our friends from when we lived in Alma and seeing how big all the kiddos where getting....if I remember right 5 of us at the church where pregnant at the same time and now those babies are 2 or fixing to turn 2. I also drove by my old house and all I can do is shake my head...see below for the pictures and you can click on them to see it better....except for the 1st pic...



This is what our house looked like before we sold it. It sits on 2.5 acres that has a creek that runs through it. It was a year old when we bought it and has 5 bedrooms/2 baths and around 1950 sq ft. It also has a koa pond with a water fall by the front door.

This is what the house looks like now....and according to reliable sources they let the grass grow a foot before they cut it and have NEVER weeded....so sad...I loved that house

This is a close up of the landscaping...it doesn't look like they ever pulled the weeds out of the flower bed....their used to be flowers in there somewhere...Also they had a bad hail storm so they replaced the roof which doesn't look bad I really never liked the green roof but it doesn't match the green shutters and door...

The apparently don't own a weed eater either and the tree in the back split and it has probably been laying there for months...the storm happened in the early spring.

This is the swing set Andy designed and built for the boys and you can see how grown up the grass is all around it...such a shame

Here is a picture of Monica and I...we won't discuss how many pics we took or the different positions or heights her daughter Sophia had to be in to take the pic or the different sitting/standing arrangements we were in to hid...I mean to get a close up of our beautiful smiling faces....:-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie, how sad about the house.......that's hard to see!! We miss you here!! Next time you come and visit you need to let us know ahead of time so all of us girls can get together and do lunch or dinner!

I can't believe how big the boys are! WOW! They grow up fast don't they? Noah, is so big, he's such a cutie! We love you and sorry I didn't really get to talk with you on Sunday!!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing you Carrie. It was fun to catch up. Talking with you was like you never left. You just pick up where you last left off!! That's how friendships are. Sorry about your old house but at least you are in your own making it all you want it to be.
Stop by again and say hi..it was so great to see you!!!! And don't be a lurker... :)

Carrie said...

Okay Pastor Susan I will start to leave comments your post and not just read them :-)

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you Sunday! We drive by your house everyday and say to ourselves "what a shame". It is really sad to see!

All of the kiddos are growning up so fast. I can't believe how big Noah looks in the pictures.

Love ya and miss you!