Monday, September 29, 2008

Fireproof and Blessings

So Andy and I went to see the movie Fireproof last night and it was REALLY, REALLY Good. If you haven't seen it yet please make plans to go see it....especially if you are married or single and wanting to be married. Below is a link to their website and has a trailer on there if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/

Also, at the movies last night we were waiting in line to be seated and we got there early so we were a couple away from the front of the line and their was a couple behind us that had a group of 10 couples to join them to watch the movie. And the couple right behind us gave Andy $11 to go buy the couples package for popcorn and a drink. Andy refused to take it at first and the gentleman said please I want to do something nice for someone. I was so thankful to him for that. We didn't have any cash on us and the ATM was broken so we couldn't buy anything anyway and that was a really blessing. Because who doesn't like popcorn and a big drink at the movies.

God has continued to bless in so many ways and we can't be more thankful. Andy's parents surprised us with 2 new tires for our van, had the carpets shampooed, Andy's mom cleaned the car, and they found someone to get our door fixed that was broken, and even bought us the tickets for the movie and watched our kids so we could go. And to top that all off they bought the boys a DVD player for the car that hooks to the headrest. They are constantly doing for others and they are such a good example of having a giving spirit. (Hopefully we will be able to talk them in to paying them back or working off the money...which WE would LOVE to do!)

Speaking of money since I don't work our finances are really TIGHT. I make some money watching our friends kids but it isn't enough of an addition to cover all our expenses. So I had been praying that we would be able to bring in more income and a month or 2 ago Andy mentioned a consulting job that I could possibly do from home and I went and talked to Andy's boss about it. Well less than 2 weeks ago I emailed him and asked if they got a go ahead for hiring someone and he called me and told me that he did. So I am an independent web consultant for the Bryant School District and I can work from home and get paid a good hourly rate when I work for them. It is a temporary job at this point but I am so thankful that I am able to provide additional income to our family and still be able to stay home with the boys. I don't know how many hours I will end up getting on a monthly basis but something is better than nothing! And I hope Andy doesn't mind me saying this but he had felt lead by God to fast for a week and I really think that because of his obedience it opened the door for me to have this opportunity. Because I have been waiting over a month to hear something and the way it went down his boss asked and found out something all within a couple hours on the day I emailed him and it was during the same week Andy was fasting. Some people may call it coincident but I call it a move by my heavenly father...a.k.a. GOD!

I have another cool story of someone that blessed Jessie's team with something and I will post on that sometime in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!
He is so good isn't He. Especially when we get ourselves out of the way and let Him be the One to lead us! I am so excited for you guys. . . that news is SO AWESOME!
- Dana