Saturday, September 6, 2008

Jessie's Scrimmage Game

So Jessie had his scrimmage game tonight against the Jaguars. Last night Andy had a late meeting with 2 of the 4 coaches to decided who was going to play on defense/offense and 3 players have to play both ways b/c we only have 19 players. Well Andy wanted Jessie to play offense until the 2nd half and then put him on defense and offense for the rest of the game, but our defensive coordinator, Todd, really wanted him playing defense for him. Our head coach, Matt, agreed so Jessie is now playing both ways the whole game...hopefully he will be able to get a break in the 2nd half if the score isn't to tight. So even though it is just a scrimmage game and doesn't count and they only played half the normal time...they still scored 14-0. Jessie did not even run the ball this time as a QB, but he did a really good job passing it off. He hadn't had a chance to practice defense in his practices but he did really good...he played safety and 1 time sacked the QB for a loss of 8 yards and below is a video of him tackling a player on the opposite side of the field he was on. Now I thought I did really good by remembering my camera. I didn't do a good job of making sure the battery was charged.:( So I used my cell phone to take pics and video but the video quality is BAD! So you can't really see him make the tackle...:)





Video of Jessie making a tackle and me screaming my excitement...

No comments: