Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dieting

So I have lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks...which is good but not great...I need to actually exercise...ha. Andy has lost 25 pounds in 4 weeks which is awesome and he is doing really good at exercising too...I must say I taught him everything he knows about being disciplined....lol.

It has not been to hard for me to stay at a certain amount of calories a day...the hard part is not eating a lot of sugar...which is my weakness. I have been using this site, to track my calories and weight loss and it really helps me to keep track of everything I eat. I know before I started tracking my food intake I would think, "oh I just had a _______ & _______ today and a snack it wasn't a lot of food," but I never realized how many calories a lot of things were...especially drinks like tea, milk, & juice...I just never counted those as calories before.

Also, If I make something homemade and I don't know the nutritional value of it I use this site, to calculate the calories and then make a custom entry in the site I track all my calories in. I can also track inches lost and see a summary report of how I am doing over all. But the amazing thing is I have done this for 2 weeks and I haven't quit, which for me is huge! Now if I can just develop a love for exercising it would be an even bigger accomplishment for me...ha

No comments: