Friday, May 1, 2009

Easter Sunday

The weather was really nice on Saturday before Easter but Sunday morning...the bottom fell out and it poured and poured...even driving home from church my car was going all over the place because there was just so much rain. We decided to have an Easter party at our house and we cooked roast, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, some veggies, and homemade rolls [that didn't rise :(...], broccoli salad and some yummy dessert.

Andy's parents, sister, and his nephew Bayliss came....as well as our friends Josh and April and their kids and Mekelle and Jason and their kiddos. After we ate we had a scavenger egg hunt (which is a tradition Andy kept from when he was little) and then just a regular egg hunt. The boys got play doh, moon sand, kites, baseball bat (Joshua), Lightening McQueen glove and ball (Noah), and a first basemen glove (Jessie) in their Easter Baskets. We had a lot of fun but I was TIRED when it was over.

A funny side note: I was writing a clue to put in the egg that would lead Joshua to his Easter basket that was in my bathtub and at the same time Mekelle and I where talking about coupons. So when Joshua opened his egg for the final clue it said, "Where do you take a coupon"...instead of "Where do you take a bath"...haha. Apparently, I can't talk and write at the same time...

Nana and Papa have video and pictures as do April and Josh...my camera's battery was dead...so if I can get a copy from them I may post a video or pics later.

No comments: