Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

This year for Mother's Day we went to Cabot after Joshua's baseball game on Saturday. Which Joshua hit a home run and was promised baseball gloves by daddy so we had to stop and buy them on the way to Cabot. We went to my mom's and had dinner and then went to my cousin Deagan's 5th birthday party. We got to see a lot of family and the boys had a good time playing on all the blow up jump stations. We then went back to my mom's and the boys had popcorn and a movie, Iron Will.

Sunday we got up and went to church at our home church and it was nice to see people we haven't seen in awhile. Then we went to Andy's parents house and Andy cooked pork tenderloin, that he had marinated for 3 days, and chicken breast and shrimp with some sides and yummy dessert...and yes I had some dessert...all 3 of them in fact...Sunday was my cheat day...and fortunately, I didn't gain any weight from what I ate Sunday but I kept off the 2 pounds I lost this week..haha...but Andy did a WONDERFUL job cooking our food....

And because of the rain we played inside for most of the day...Nana and Papa have a game room in the basement so Andy and I played pool for the 1st time in a long time. No need to point out the obvious buy I kicked his tuckus in pool....................WHAT!?..........okay......so everyone that knows me knows that isn't true BUT I did gave him a run for his money!!........that's right you read it right!..................*SIGH*..........okay....that isn't true either...........I got steam rolled.......OK!.........and that is the truth!

Then when the weather cleared up everyone went outside and played some baseball at least the guys did...I observed them playing baseball...geez it is Mother's Day isn't....the day for relaxing! Thanks to the guys we were able to do that so THANK YOU! Overall it was a great Mother's Day and I can't be more thankful to have 2 of the best role models, my mom and mother in law, in the world as my support system and are such a Godly example of the Proverbs 31 woman. And to have the best, sweetest boys that make being a mom such a JOY and a pain...but mostly a JOY....

No comments: